Instagram has certainly changed the way people capture and share photos when they travel. With hashtags and location tags, people can easily search for any destination and skim through photos posted by others. I have definitely searched location tags to find photos from other travelers before heading out on a vacation or trip of my own. There's something so cool about seeing shots from others - you can find cool places to visit, new restaurants to try out or even fun activities to partake in during your travels.
I remember searching through location tags before my husband and I went on our honeymoon. I checked the tags at the hotel we stayed at every week to see the property and get a better idea of the best places to snap photos. Looking on Instagram got me more and more excited for our trip.
Do you ever catch yourself looking at location tags on Instagram before traveling somewhere? If you don't already, you should definitely try it out!
In terms of the most hashtagged places around the world, did you know...
Disneyland is the most hashtagged spot in the USA, with nearly 3 times the number of mentions than Walt Disney World, the 2nd most popular
South Beach, Miami is the 3rd most popular destination in the USA for Instagram users, followed by the Las Vegas Strip, Times Square and Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
Globally, The Eiffel Tower, the Berlin Wall and Big Ben are among the top ten most hashtagged tourist destinations in the world
So, now that you're armed with those fast facts, let's get right down to it! Here is the list of the 15 Most Instagrammed Places in the World! Thanks to Travel Bird for sorting through all these tags!
1. Disneyland – California, USA – 14,615,952 tags
2. Eiffel Tower – Paris, France – 7,253,011 tags
3. Walt Disney World – Florida, USA – 5,465,098 tags
4. South Beach – Florida, USA – 4,689,396 tags
5. Berlin Wall – Berlin, Germany – 4,595,501 tags
6. Las Vegas Strip – Nevada, USA – 3,653,548 tags
7. Big Ben – London, United Kingdom – 2,561,617 tags
8. Times Square – New York, USA – 2,560,272 tags
9. Notre Dame – Paris, France – 2,517,129 tags
10. Oktoberfest – Bavaria, Germany – 2,262,885 tags
11. Mardi Gras – New Orleans, USA – 2,202,256
12. Niagara Falls – Ontario, Canada – 2,198,459 tags
13. Machu Picchu – Cusco, Peru – 2,195,108 tags
14. Grand Canyon – Arizona, USA – 1,989,316 tags
15. Waikiki – Hawaii, USA – 1,939,768 tags
I've been to eight of the places listed above! How cool is that?
- Walt Disney World
- Paris (Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame)
- Las Vegas (Las Vegas Strip)
- London (Big Ben)
- New York City (Times Square)
- Niagara Falls
Have you ever been to any of these destinations? Are you surprised by any of the places that secured a spot on this list? Let me know in the comment section below!