Over the weekend I found out that I had been nominated for the Liebster Award! I'm so excited that others are enjoying my blog and the content that I write. It's awesome to see so many bloggers supporting each other by nominating one another for this award.
For a little bit of background, the Liebster Award is given to bloggers from other bloggers. It’s a way to get our blogs out there and share the love! Here are the rules:
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has asked you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask them 11 other questions
- Let them know that you’ve nominated them
- Be sure to link up with the blogger who nominated you
So, let's get to it, shall we? Time to dive in and see my answers and the questions that I'm asking all the bloggers that I nominate to answer themselves.
11 facts about me:
1. I'm left handed
2. I used to be a competitive swimmer
3. My husband proposed to me in Santorini, Greece (read more about that here)
4. I don't have any tattoos or piercings
5. I was moved up a grade in elementary school (from first grade to second grade) and I graduated from college in three years
6. My favorite color is blue
7. For my first job, I was a lifeguard, swim coach and swim instructor
8. I’ve won Jonas Brothers and Justin Bieber concert tickets from the radio (I even won meet and greet passes for the JoBro concert)
9. I am a horrible dancer
10. My favorite number is 10
11. When I was younger I wanted to be a vet or a news anchor
Here are the questions I received from Cameron over at Diary of a Southern Millennial. I answered some of these in my Get to Know Me from A to Z blog post if you want to check that out after reading through these 11 questions:
1. How long have you been blogging?
I’ve been blogging since the beginning of February. I’ve been a social media manager since I graduated from college four years ago.
2. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I think my favorite thing about blogging is the writing aspect of it. I have a degree in journalism so starting this blog and sharing my experiences is something that I really enjoy.
3. What is your least favorite thing about blogging?
Blogging is really time consuming. It definitely takes patience and hard work. I think some people think blogging is easier than it actually is. It takes a lot of planning and a lot of commitment to keep a blog running.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I shared my travel bucket list in a previous blog post! I think the top place on my list is Thailand. It looks so beautiful there and I'd love to experience the culture!
5. What’s your favorite food?
PIZZA! Without a doubt, pizza is my all-time favorite food. I’m also a fan of macaroni and cheese, spaghetti, ice cream, chicken caesar wraps and steak.
6. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
I’m a dog person, 100%! I’ve always loved dogs and I consider them to be my favorite animal. I love how each dog has a different personality (like humans). My husband and I have a white Lab and he is so spoiled. We love taking him on walks, letting him go swimming and playing with him in our backyard.
7. What’s your favorite movie?
I’ve always been a big Mean Girls fan. That movie is such a classic. I know so many quotes from it and they’ve definitely weaved their way into my everyday vocabulary.
8. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
I don’t know if I could pick just one! I have so many. I think any memory that involves my grandparents would have to be my favorite.
9. What’s your favorite way to relax?
I love to just chill out by sitting on the couch and catching up on my favorite TV shows. If I’m on vacation in a warm destination, I love to spend time on the beach reading a good book.
10. What TV show are you currently watching?
So many! Pretty Little Liars, Designated Survivor, Scandal, The Catch, Orange is the New Black, Impractical Jokers. I love Westworld and Stranger Things, too (although I’m all caught up on those series).
11. What advice would you give to new bloggers?
Don’t get discouraged! Blogging is hard work, especially if you’re balancing it with school or a full-time job (like me). If you feel the need to take a break, do it! Sometimes taking a day or two off can do wonders. Don’t think of others in the blogging space as your competition, think of them as your peers. You have no one to “keep up” with, so blog at your own pace and blog about topics that interest you. As long as your true to yourself and your blog blossoms into what you want it to be, you’ll be golden!
Here are the 11 questions that I'd like the 11 bloggers that I nominate to fill out and post on their blog:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. Is there a story behind your blog’s name? If so, what is it?
3. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning and the last thing you do before you go to bed at night?
4. What are five songs you can’t stop listening to?
5. What’s your favorite thing to snack on?
6. What are your favorite stores to shop at?
7. If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be and why?
8. What’s your favorite restaurant and what’s your go-to order?
9. What’s your favorite holiday?
10. What’s the name of the last book you read?
11. What’s your favorite vacation spot?
Drum roll please! The 11 bloggers that I nominate for the Liebster Award are:
1. Kelsey at The Painted Walnut
2. Hannah at Pints and Pickles
3. Alyssa at Living in Full Bloom
4. Emma at The Blonde Tonic
5. Jasmine at JasmineCeciliaJonas.com
6. Lauren at Sweet Life of Lauren Grace
7. Hannah at My Sweet Genevieve
8. Sarah at Simply S
9. Natalie at Natalie Katherine Blog
10. Marissa at That's Baum
11. Dominique at A Curly Transition
So excited to nominate all of the bloggers above for this award! I can't wait to see how you answer the questions and which bloggers you nominate for the Liebster Award!