Do you dream of working from home? Plenty of people do. What some people don't know is that you can work remotely AND still make a hefty salary. That sounds like a win-win, doesn't it?!
From 2005 to 2015, there has been a 115% percent increase in telecommuting. I would have never guessed that! With the growth of telecommuting and working remotely, stats have been uncovered around the average telecommuter. Here are some interesting tidbits that you might not know: the average telecommuter is 46 years or older, has at least a bachelor’s degree, and earns a higher median salary than an in-office worker. If that doesn't build an appealing case toward having a goal to work remotely, I don't know what does!
To demonstrate that there are high-paying jobs that let you work from home, FlexJobs sifted through postings from its database of over 32,000 current job listings and found 10 work-from-home job listings with the highest pay—specifically, at least $100,000 annually (as determined by the high end of the range).
Each job offers some level of telecommuting, either 100% telecommuting, mostly telecommuting, occasional telecommuting, or the option to telecommute.
These 10 jobs were actively hiring as of June 28, 2017 but since jobs can expire quickly, each job title below is linked to a job search results page with similar positions that are currently open and accepting applications.
Here are 10 remote jobs currently hiring where you can make 6 figures!
- Salary: $175,000 – $200,000
- General job description: In this role, the eCommerce director partners with executive management to create strategies for practice growth and implementation. The overarching responsibilities are to lead a global eCommerce team and to drive growth in providing eCommerce solutions to B2B and B2C customers.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Director of Growth, Business Development Director, Director of Business Consulting
- Salary: $140,000 – $155,000
- General job description: A senior medical director works with medical facilities and medical education organizations to be in charge of strategic development and oversight for a specific department or area of medicine.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Assistant Medical Director, Medical Affairs Manager, Clinical Development Director
- Salary: $120,000 – $150,000
- General job description: Sales directors are responsible for finding new customer opportunities, growing current customer solutions, and leading a team of sales professionals within a given industry or product area.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Account Executive, Regional Sales Manager, Director of Account Management
- Salary: $90,774 – $134,764
- General job description: Within transportation-related organizations, equipment fleet directors are responsible for providing strategic leadership and oversight for the development of equipment programs. That includes cost-effective maintenance, needs assessment, and advising executives on the direction of the equipment program.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Technical Services Manager, Operations Director
- Salary: $100,000 – $120,000
- General job description: Web developers build and deploy complex web applications and software solutions, including making critical architectural decisions for each project. These roles sometimes require DevOps responsibilities like setting up deployments, configuring continuous integration, and site monitoring.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Front-End Developer, Back-End Engineer, Software Engineer, Full Stack Web Developer
- Salary: $90,000 – $120,000
- General job description: Business analysts help to direct business products and strategy through data analytics, consulting with executive management, and presenting the optimal direction for business initiatives and investments.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Financial Analyst, Project Manager, Data Analyst, Business Process Analyst
- Salary: $100,000 – $115,000
- General job description: For the pharmaceutical industry and others, statistical programming team leads oversee the data analysis for multiple projects, such as clinical trials or market research surveys, including budgets and resources, data analysis and reporting, and quality improvement.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Senior Statistical Programmer, Principal Statistician, Senior Biostatistician
- Salary: $77,571 – $108,000
- General job description: This type of engineer is responsible for analyzing data related to the design, strength, and structural integrity of structures such as bridges, tunnels, overhead street signs, traffic signals, and other ancillary structures.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Structural Engineer, Civil Engineer, Environmental Engineer
- Salary: $100,000
- General job description: Account executives are responsible for selling the products and services of a particular company or organization by researching and generating new business opportunities, as well as building on existing customer relationships.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Account Manager
10. Payroll Manager
- Salary: $70,000 – $100,000
- General job description: Payroll managers are often hired by large payroll processing companies to assist the company’s clients in managing and processing compensation and benefits for their employees.
- Related work-from-home job titles: Compensation Manager, Controller, Payroll Consultant, Business Manager
Were there any job listings in the list above that caught your eye? Let me know in the comment section below!